Saturday 25 October 2008

So typical as they are !

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

Google's Page Ranking tool is a phenomenon that suits many and equally hurts many. It remains a secret as to how they apply their modus operandi in determining the rank of a particular site. The affected lot are mostly the bloggers who toil hard to prepare their writeups on different topics expecting a better rank so that their  blog gets popularised. There are lucky ones who get a better ranking and equally there are writers who either get no notice or are ranked negatively. Reason? Difficult to ascertain as they hardly entertain any questions or queries on that count. I am a writer having number of blogs to place my posts on varying subjects. One of such blogs is with blogspot.com itself known as Google's own blog site. It was ranked 4, reduced to 3 and subsequently reduced further to 1. The more it progressed volume wise the more it was slashed down rank wise. My other  blog site with Wordpress.com then with the readership of around 1800 was accorded rank 4 and by the time it reached 11,000+ I was expecting much better a rank. To my utter chagrin it was reduced to 2. Basis and the reason? I don't know. Applying my guess I just thought that the reason might be some sort of duplication as I quite innocently had a feeling when I started blogging that whatever I write is my property and I can use the same any where I like with the result that some of my posts were simultaneously used in my different sites but it was all quite in the beginning which practice I stopped long back presuming that may be it was something irregular although none had pointed it out to me. How surprising it is that initially when I used my posts with their reproduction on different sites of my own I hadd a higher rank and when I fully corrected myself on that count just on my own guess, my rank was blatantly reduced like my site with Wordpress.com with rank 4 with readership of around 1800 and rank 2 with a readership of 11,000+. I quite realise there is no point in crying in the wilderness but treatment of this sort is certainly so much demoralising to the writers in general.

No comments:

addy-2